Friday, January 12, 2007

Blackwater by James Burcham


This cocktail table, found at Uniquities Gallery, was created by James Burcham. I know very little about the artist... actually I know nothing about the artist except that his work seems to be nature metamorphsized, and has a great "living" feeling to them.

This table, entitled "Blackwater," is still up for sale at Uniquities Gallery, which describes this piece as being, "...reminiscent of the water-tortured trees of the Dismal Swamp, where the artist roamed as a child. The table is completely hand carved, made of reclaimed wood from old houses and job sites."

5 Comments:

Blogger kev said...

At first glance I thought it was an octopus table, but still very cool! I think it would be a lot of fun to make some of our own furniture... I noticed he has some marionettes as well :P

1/16/2007 10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/24/2007 2:23 PM  
Blogger Deus Ex Machina said...

Nice artworks collected here. May I ask: What is that picture on your desktop? Where can I find it?
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2020/swallpaperwa8.jpg

Thanks in advance.

12/16/2007 2:56 AM  
Blogger Cade said...

Vladmir: I apologize. I'd like to let you know but I no longer recall. It was an image saved on my old PC. I'll let you know if I ever come across it again.

10/01/2008 5:09 AM  
Blogger Deus Ex Machina said...

Oh, at least that's something :) Cheers!

10/01/2008 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home