Saturday, June 17, 2006

Goodbye Special Brother by Jesse Reno


I was firsty attracted to the blues used in this painting. Secondly the Picasso-eqsue faces on the characters in this piece. I am not a fan of Picasso and I'm not very fond of "primitive pieces" so I'm not exactly sure why I like this piece at all or any of Reno's work for that matter, but I do.

Jesse Reno, 31, is an artist who hails from New Jersey. He says the process of painting is, "...the story that tells itself to me, the wieght of personal truth regardless of its outcome. My work acts for no reason other than to convey an inner struggle for expression... simple and direct."

It was really between posting Goodbye Special Brother and Munny, a commissioned figurine. If you like this piece you should check out his site.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

hey long time no hear

8/23/2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger Cade said...

Actonbell: Yeesh. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I've been just a tiny bit busy. Miss you!

Pseudo Intellectual Lunatic: Who are you? :P

11/01/2006 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home