Saturday, June 03, 2006

Banana by Rafael López Ramos

This painting is by Cuban artist Rafael López Ramos (b. 1962) This piece was completed using pastel and adhered paper using a collage method. The piece was done in 2005. You can see a few more works by this man at this site.

This painting is appropriate for today since a friend of mine just informed of the fact that bananas are now in danger. The harvest in India has been infected with several fungi diseases that have wiped out much of India's crops. Read for yourself. And thanks to Victor for his insight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dint knw abt d banana's getting infected wid fungus...damn thts too bad..
the artwork however is good..

6/04/2006 5:34 AM  
Blogger Cade said...

Actonbell: I'm surprised I didn't hear about this much sooner. Thank you for your comment, dear.

Deepti: I had no idea that such a huge portion of the world's bananas even came from India.

buxom bombshell: Oh, I know. v_v My fruit bowl and sundae would never be the same.

6/11/2006 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home